Emotional and Spiritual Care to Individuals Facing a Crisis or Difficult Situation.
Feeling overwhelmed by life’s circumstances? We can connect you with a caring, confidential Stephen minister who will help you start moving forward again.
Stephen Ministers are members of Real Life who are specially trained to provide emotional and spiritual care to individuals facing a crisis or difficult situation. They demonstrate God’s love by coming alongside care receivers who need a little extra support.
We support care recipients dealing with all sorts of emotionally stressful situations. These include, but are not limited to:
- The loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Failed relationships
- Family stress
- Serious or chronic illness
- Aging and dying
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- Unemployment or job crisis
- Financial concerns
Stephen Ministry is a gift from Real Life to those in need.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (Available 24/7, and in English and Spanish): 800-273-8255
- Veteran Hotline: 855-838-8255
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (Find treatment areas)
- Salvation Army Recovery
- Celebrate Recovery
- American Association of Christian Counseling
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Mental Health First Aid
- StartYourRecovery.org offers people dealing with substance use issues a single source of reputable, objective information about signs, symptoms, conditions, treatment options, and resources — presented in a user-friendly format and language that’s easy to understand. Local NC Directory for substance abuse support. List of Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers. 1-800-662-4357
- Hope for Mental Health, a series from Saddleback Church
- Christian Care Connect